The Florida Board of CSW, MFT, and MHC require licensees to complete 30 hours of continuing education to renew their licenses between April 30, 2021, and March 31, 2023. This bundle is approved to meet all of the requirements.
RENEWALS ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT ON 3/31/23. WE REPORT COMPLETIONS:
EVERY MORNING THROUGH MARCH 21ST
9:00 AM, 3:00 PM, AND 9:00 PM MARCH 21ST THROUGH 28TH
9:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM, AND 9:00 PM THROUGH MARCH 30TH
9:00 AM, 1:00 PM, 4:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 9:00 PM AND 11:00 PM THROUGH MARCH 30TH
*It is not recommended you wait until the 31st.
If you have any problems renewing we are available by text at 561-462-1238 for extended hours until 9:00 PM through 3/30/23 and will be available through midnight on the 31st.
The board requires 25 general hours, 2 hours of Medical Errors Prevention, 3 hours of Ethics and Boundaries or Teletherapy, 3 hours of Laws and Rules (in the 25 general hours), and 2 hours of Domestic Violence (at least every 3rd renewal in the 25 general hours).
*As of 3/31/2023, the board will also require 4 hours of Qualified Supervisor Training for those who are approved, qualified supervisors.
This bundle 30 hours on:
- Nutrition, Psychotropics, and Mental Health (1 Hour) 20-899820
- Treating Fear and Anxiety: Risk Perceptions in The Wake of the Pandemic, Protests, and Economic Concerns (2 Hours) 20-903517
- The Use of Psychedelics in Mental Health (1 Hour) 20-909268
- Mindfulness (1 Hour) 20-907200
- Positive Psychology versus Traditional Psychology (1 Hour) 20-905954
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, Fifth Edition Text Revision (2 Hours) 20-911270
- Medical Marijuana Stigma, Regulations, Addiction (1 Hour) 20-915390
- Compassion Fatigue (1 Hour) 20-909723
- Court Orders, Subpoenas, Testifying, and Risk Managed Documentation (1 Hour) 20-924525
- Improved Cultural Competence (2 Hours) 20-910223
- Impact of Trauma (1 Hour) 20-910925
- Change, Already (1 Hour) 20-915244
- Child Abuse in Florida (1 Hour) 20-911718
- Co-Occurring Disorders (1 Hour) 20-889723
- Internet Addiction (1 Hour) 20-915348
- Motivational Interviewing (1 Hour) 20-654897
- Psychological Considerations For Emotionally Healthy Children (1 Hour) 20-618440
- Florida Laws and Rules Update 2023 (3 Hours) 20-1001406
- Domestic Violence (2 Hours) 20-889919
- Telemental Health (3 Hours) 20-934570
- Medical Errors Prevention in Mental Health (2 Hours) 20-890107
- Ethics and Boundaries (3 hours) 20-764885
*You can switch out any of the above courses by emailing us at ContactUs@BaysideCEU.com. If you would like to take the 4 hours of Qualified Supervisor Course, you can switch coursework out for that, as well.
The lessons in this bundle are intended for the 2021-2023 renewal period and will expire on April 1, 2023.
Authors: Leesa M. Robertson M.Ed., CAP, NCC, LMHC, Jennifer Hampshire, LCSW, Greg Lewis, CAP, Greg Crutchfield, Esq.
Ms. Robertson, M.Ed., CAP, LMHC, is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida and a Licensed Professional Counselor in Georgia. She is credentialed in alcohol and other drug counseling.
Ms. Hampshire, LCSW, is licensed in Georgia and has been in private practice for 15 years. She works in the court system, as well.
Mr. Lewis, CAP, has been credentialed as a certified alcohol and drug counselor for 20 years. He has been a trainer for 10 years specializing in substance abuse.
Relevance: This course is designed for master’s level counselors, addiction professionals, and nurses who have direct client contact. These courses are core requirements for Florida professionals working toward renewing their licenses.
Relevance and Target Audience: This course is designed for master’s level counselors and social workers, addiction professionals, and nurses who work with individuals that might involve them in legal proceedings.
Content level: Intermediate
Course Format: This course is offered as a self-paced distance learning format (reading-based online activity)
System Requirements: This course is offered online. Internet connection required.
Course Completion Information: To earn continuing education credit, professionals must register and pay the fee for the course. They must read the content and demonstrate understanding by earning a minimum score of 70 percent on testing materials. The certificate of completion will be able to be downloaded after the above is completed. Refunds and Cancellations will be granted upon request with the withdrawal of credit for the course. For questions, concerns, or to request special accommodations, please call 866-863-4225 or email ContactUs@BaysideCEU.com.
CEBroker Provider Number: 50-204
CEBroker Course ID: 20- listed above
TO BEGIN THIS COURSE:
Click on Take Course below, right