The laws and regulations governing the confidentiality of substance use disorder records were written out of great concern about the potential use of substance use disorder information against individuals, causing individuals with substance use disorders not to seek needed treatment.
A risk managed approach to documentation is a best practice to protect both the client and the professional.
This course will explore 42 CFR part 2, HIPAA and documentation of substance abuse therapy.
This course will award 2 continuing education hours.
Course number: 20-624475
Course provider: 50-204
To Take This Course Please Click On TAKE COURSE below, right.
Upon successful completion of this course the learners will be able to:
1. Explain the HIPAA regulations.
2. Discuss documentation.
3. Discuss how active listening can add value to communicating with clients.
4. Discuss the technique of behavioral observation.
5. Identify federal, state and local regulations.
6. Explain how the informed consent and release of information process works.
– Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family-Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, #726
-Florida Certification Board
– Florida Board of Nursing, #NEC3508
– Florida Board of Nursing-Certified Nursing Assistants District of Columbia Board of Nursing
Many state boards accept hours approved by other state boards. If your board is not listed here please contact them.
-This course is not approved for NBCC credit.
This course will explore how elderly abuse is defined, the signs and symptoms and how it can be combated.
We will also explore the requirements of Florida Statutes Chapter 415. Reporting requirements will be reviewed.
This course will award 2 continuing education credits.
Course ID: 20-637202
Provider number: 50-204
To Take This Course Please Click On TAKE COURSE, below right.
Upon successful completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Define elderly abuse.
- List the signs of elderly abuse.
- List the categories of elderly abuse.
- Discuss how to report elderly abuse.
- Report potential elder abuse in the state of Florida.
Florida Board of Nursing
Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
Florida Board of SW, MFT, MHC
Florida Council on Dietetics and Nutrition
Florida Board of Dentistry
Florida Certification Board
This course is not for NBCC credit.
Most boards will accept courses approved by other state and national boards. If you board is not listed here please contact them.