This course will update our current understanding of what HIV and AIDS are and how they are transmitted. The prevalence of the disease and how it attacks the body will be explained. Current information on the transmission, as well as the correction of several common myths, will be taught. The importance of testing and diagnosis is ever increasing with the significant progress being made regarding the treatment of HIV.
We will explore confidentiality and the legal protection for the HIV-infected person.
This course will award 3 continuing education hours through the boards listed in the board approval box.
It will award 2 continuing education hours through the NBCC.
Course ID: 20 124342
Provider number: 50-204
TO BEGIN THIS COURSE:
Click on TAKE COURSE below, right.
Upon successful completion of this course the learner will be able to:
1. Explain the definition of and the difference between HIV and AIDS.
2. Explore the prevalence of this disease in the United States and the world.
3. Identify how the infection is transmitted and what takes place in the body during the HIV phase and then the AIDS phase of the illness.
4. Explain the current prevention strategies.
5. Dispel common myths associated with this illness.
6. Explore the need for treatment for HIV.
7. Explain the confidentiality issues, as well as the duty to warn.
8. Identify the legal systems in place to protect the HIV-infected individual.
9. Explore appropriate aspects of treatment with an HIV-infected client.
Bayside Continuing Education has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #6098. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Bayside Continuing Education is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
NAADAC, Provider #81892. BaysideCEU is responsible for all aspects of programming.
Florida Board of Nursing, #NEC3508
Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, #726
Florida Certification Board
Florida Board of Nursing-Certified Nursing Assistants District of Columbia Board of Nursing
Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition
Florida Board of Occupational Therapy
Florida Board of Nursing Home Administrators
Florida Board of Physical Therapy Practice
Florida Council of Licensed Midwifery
The North Carolina Board of Licensed Professional Counselors accepts courses from any provider who is NBCC and/or NAADAC approved.
BaysideCEU meets the continuing education requirements for providers as set forth by the North Carolina Marriage & Family Therapy Licensure Board.
The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts courses from any provider who is NBCC approved.
Many state boards accept hours approved by other state and national boards. If your board is not listed here please contact them directly.